bossjock studio app for iPhone and iPad
7184 ratings )
Current version: 1.7.0
, last update: 1 year ago
First release : 04 Jun 2012
App size: 18.16 Mb
Podcast from iOS, no PC needed.
"A podcasting powerhouse"
"BossJock is certainly one of the best in its category (for me, the Best!). One Killer App!!!"
- Apps4iDevices.com 4/4 Guitars "Killer App"
"...if you podcast on the go, you should adore this app."
- AppSafari 4.5/5 Stars
"My Best in Show"
- Dave Jackson, School of PodCasting .com
"Makes the show an actual performance, not an edit job."
- Sean Duregger (@geekCouch)
Podcasters, Voiceover Artists, DJs, this is your app. Life without fan noise is good! bossjock studio makes it easy to create and publish rich audio productions on your iPhone and iPad.
bossjock is not an audio editor or multitrack recorder. Visit our homepage at bossjockstudio.com to see the app in action.
bossjock studio production happens in real time. Grab some good headphones. Load up your soundboard. Fine tune your show notes. Hit record, trigger the mic and go. Recordings are podcast ready, no need for post production.
- Record your voice while triggering intros/outros, bumpers and background music all on-the-fly.
- Dynamics processing (Compression/Limiting) is automatically applied to the mic and mix for loud, level audio.
- Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers.
- Up to 16 Carts on the iPhone 5 and 35 Carts on the iPad duck and fade behind the mic for dynamic sound and smooth transitions.
- Load carts with audio from your Music Library, Dropbox, Wifi, or AudioPaste from other music apps.
- Advanced Cart editing lets you fine tune playback in and out points on a per cart basis as well as Cart color and behaviors including looping, fades, auto-rewind and ducking.
- Audiobus lets you receive live audio from other Audiobus-compatible apps as a Cart or Mic source or use bossjock studio to feed other Audiobus-compatible recording apps. See http://audiob.us for more information.
- Encodes to all your favorite formats – Mp3, m4a, Wav, Aiff with image and description metadata.
- Exports to FTP for Podcasters, Email for Audioboo via BooMail, Dropbox, Soundcloud, Wifi, iTunes Share, and AudioCopy to other apps.
- Works with external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey (audio tests on bossjockstudio.com).
In honor of the "Boss Jocks" who ruled the airwaves in the 60s - bossjock studio is crafted by Libsyn co-founder Dave Mansueto and Ed Filowat, creator of the kilojam audio engine.
Recordings made with bossjock speak for themselves! Listen to it in action on http://bossjockstudio.com
follow us on facebook.com/bossjockapp
and twitter @bossjockapp
Pros and cons of bossjock studio app for iPhone and iPad
bossjock studio app good for
Im a fan. Have expanded my use of bossjock to post to Libsyn (which then auto creates a WP post and serves iTunes) and SoundCloud. Have run into these recent issues:
1) when I export MP4 via FTP ... the title automatically gets an .mp4 added to the end. This title is then used in SoundCloud, iTunes, and the title of WP blog. ;
2) just in the last 2 days BossJock will post to SoundCloud but the file never fully renders. Even after about 10 hours when i clicked the podcast on SC I recd an error saying "still processing". Look forward to sorting these issues so bossjock can continue being a go-to app for mobile podcasting!
Love this app! Allows me to record vocals on a backround track and get pretty good quality doing it.
I like this I like the download features set ups now all I need is a voice changer some echo some reverb something it sounds like Wolfman Jack just putting it out there.
This app is an important aspect for my podcasts. I queue segments and play clips from boss jock. Love that I can adjust volume of clips.
I have loved BossJock since I first got it years ago. Glad to see you are still developing it. "ThankYou"
I understand the quality of sound through wired headset is better, although is the a possibility of wireless support in the future?
Love it and dont ever take it from the AppStore please! :-)
The star of "The Ed Show" podcast (available on iTunes) isnt Ed, its bossjock! Thats why I have the most entertaining sports. Thanks Bossjock! I couldnt have done it without you.
Some bad moments
Totally disappointed in this app. It feels very iPhone 4. Blocky, unintuitive interface. Save the $10 and go buy some ice cream.
Voice activation fails in iPhone 7s. It claims you have to use headphones but iPhone sevens do not have a headphone jack so this is impossible.
I bought this app after it was recommended by a sponsored podcast. I wanted to produce my podcasts on the fly, when Im not near my PC. Generally I used to use the voice memo app and then iTunes to get my recording off my ipod to my computer. Then Id use audacity to slap on bumpers, encode to mp3, then upload to my host.
Boss jocks "no pc needed" tag line is misleading. You still need a PC to upload it to your host. You cant edit in boss jock, so you have to get the whole thing perfect in one take.
It also takes almost 2 hours to encode a 40 min recording to an mp3 before it begins to upload to Dropbox.
From there, I have to download it from drop box before ican upload again to my host.
It doesnt save me any time to use bossjock. It is a pain and there are not many useful tutorials.
Overall im disappointed. I paid $11 and feel like it was false advertising.
Love everything, especially the Audiobus support. Needs more carts though. Even iPad isnt enough.
I really cannot say enough good things about this app! It is very easy to use and to produce a podcast with. The Dropbox connectivity is very simple to set up and use so you can have a folder with content you want to have loaded. Audiobus support makes it easy to record your own tags, stingers, and bumpers for your show. The FTP export works very smoothly, but only lets you post to root directory. GREAT APP!!!
I bought this about a week again and have have recorded one 30 minute podcast with it. The app is really easy to use and works great. I recorded my podcast while driving home and it sounded great. I have an iPhone 5 and with the noise canceling most of the road noise wasnt even noticeable. The intro music (which I pulled in through Dropbox) sounded great. I was able to add my podcast art to the podcast and upload it to my FTP site. I have been looking for a way to easily record a podcast in the car for years and this is it.
For the one guy that said no mic input I would say to record in stereo instead of mono and that should fix your issue.
and other. So, download free bossjock studio .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually bossjock studio iOS app used & searched for